If you were my client…
I would make sure you get the most return from your investment. Let’s get your home ready to list. Here are a few tips that will help you get multiple, top dollar offers:
- Focus on your bathroom, kitchen, and lawn. Kitchens and bathrooms always get the highest return on investment when selling a home. Don’t forget to manicure your lawn; first impressions are very important!
- Deep cleaning goes a long way. If you are unable to refresh the paint around your home, consider giving it a good cleaning. Try to gently remove any scuffs or stains with a damp rag. This includes walls, doors, and baseboards. If you decide to refresh you paint, please use neutral colors. Pressure wash the exterior of your home to remove any dirt, leaves, or spider webs. Pressure wash the driveway and the sidewalk leading to your home. Clean any interior flooring that you are unable to replace. Make sure your windows are clean. When buyers see a clean home, they feel like the home has been well taken care of, and will feel reassured about their purchase. Don’t forget to clean out the gutters!
- Consider painting your front door. Eye-catching doors typically get more showings, more offers. If you are unsure which color to paint it, just ask us.
- Replace the A/C air filter. Most buyers and inspectors will pull the A/C filter out to see if it’s been recently replaced. This will be a good indicator if the A/C has been properly maintained.
- Replace any broken or missing light bulbs, broken or dirty light switch and outlet covers. White lighting is best.
- Declutter, depersonalize, and organize your home. Remove any memorabilia and knick-knacks. We want the buyer to focus on the home itself, and not the belongings inside. Decluttering will also allow buyers to see the condition of the home. A buyer is less likely to submit an offer if they are unsure if the home needs more repairs than they think.
- Be sure to fill out the sellers disclosure to the best of your ability. Any issues with the home will come up during the inspection, so it’s better to be upfront to ensure a smooth closing, with no negotiations.
Want to Sell?
How much can you sell your home for? Sellers are receiving multiple offers above asking price within hours of listing their home. There are buyers ready to purchase homes in any condition.
Please include your address for a no-obligation comparative market analysis (CMA). We research the market extensively to make sure your assets are valued strategically. Questions? Ask away. We are here to help.